holidate overseer (
holynights) wrote in
holidate2022-12-11 01:55 pm
WEEK 6 MATCHUP CEREMONY
WEEK 6 MATCH CEREMONY
((Watch pick))
Did everyone remember their leftovers from the communal dinner? Hopefully there was time for all to have a hearty reheated meal before coming out into the slightly chilly match barn, the smell of fresh cut pine especially strong and welcoming as everyone files in and either groups up on the hay bales or waits off to the side to be called to voice their match. The procession seems to take a bit longer than normal, with everyone coming in more scattered than before, given that each person is getting accosted by a PA on their way to the barn to answer a very interesting question.
"Job well done to our newest confirmed match, Aki Hayakawa and Ermes Costello. Rather that selecting your matches this week with the rest of Team Gold, you can have a seat with the others."
Caren waits for the rest of the contestants to get settled, dressed in a glittering, festive outfitTHAT VAL DREW FOR ME LOOK AT THIS CUTE ART THAT VAL DREW FOR ME!!! After gesturing Aki and Ermes over toward the haybales with minimal embarrassing attention (the time for that will surely come later), she turns back to address the group.
"As you know, the lights behind me represent that pairs selected by our matchmakers. Successfully matching all of the remaining pairs will secure you the win and the holiday miracle. Failing to confirm any new matches will black out the lights, losing a prize.
"This has been a punishing process, but I believe some of you are the happiest I have ever seen you. May you find continued joy once the results are revealed today."
PREMISE ❅ RULES ❅ FAQ ❅ PROFILES ❅ LOCATION INFO
NAUGHTY OR NICE? ❅ VOTING ❅ CONFESSIONALS
Did everyone remember their leftovers from the communal dinner? Hopefully there was time for all to have a hearty reheated meal before coming out into the slightly chilly match barn, the smell of fresh cut pine especially strong and welcoming as everyone files in and either groups up on the hay bales or waits off to the side to be called to voice their match. The procession seems to take a bit longer than normal, with everyone coming in more scattered than before, given that each person is getting accosted by a PA on their way to the barn to answer a very interesting question.
"Job well done to our newest confirmed match, Aki Hayakawa and Ermes Costello. Rather that selecting your matches this week with the rest of Team Gold, you can have a seat with the others."
Caren waits for the rest of the contestants to get settled, dressed in a glittering, festive outfit
"As you know, the lights behind me represent that pairs selected by our matchmakers. Successfully matching all of the remaining pairs will secure you the win and the holiday miracle. Failing to confirm any new matches will black out the lights, losing a prize.
"This has been a punishing process, but I believe some of you are the happiest I have ever seen you. May you find continued joy once the results are revealed today."
NAUGHTY OR NICE? ❅ VOTING ❅ CONFESSIONALS

ARRIVALS
SELECTIONS
ZAPPER
She speaks for “Jolyne, she's a total baddie. I think it's awesome that she can kick ass when she needs to, but she's a good person who just wants a peaceful life with friends. She'd fit in with my friends too, and if I'm not reading the signals totally wrong, I think she looks up to me a bit which is... new. I don't know if I can really say I'm perfect for Jolyne. But of everyone here, I think she's the one I have the most to offer, so I'll be surprised if it's not us.”
When brought up to the stage, Jolyne’s response to Zapper has equal weight and confidence: ”I feel way more sure about this than I’ve felt about any sort of relationship and each week just makes me feel more and more sure. I don’t think it’s wrong, but even if we’re not a match, I don’t think that would change how I feel.”]
What do you suppose it really means, for something to be “perfect”? [Caren lets the question hang in the air for the moment for all present to consider.] At the very least, the two of you seem to be moving in sync right now. Please go ahead and lock in.
no subject
[Kizuna's not sure what volume is appropriate to say that, but she means it.]
no subject
[Zapper hasn't been in a lot of serious relationships, so it's novel having someone be that certain about her. She's having a doki!]
EULA LAWRENCE
”You're one of... no you're the most annoying woman I've ever met. Even Gunnhildr has her good moments; you, on the other hand, are incapable of going five minutes without raising my ire. And, despite knowing the consequences, you've made no effort to change your attitude towards me. Six weeks, and your name is still the only reasonable thing to come out of your vulgar mouth.”
She speaks to everyone:
”’Would you sacrifice the happiness of everyone else here for the sake of exacting your vengeance?’ Quite the dilemma... after all, a chance to crush all of your dreams beneath my heel is the sort of thing my family would relish. None moreso than me, according to the citizens of Mondstadt. Even now, they're no doubt waiting for the moment where I expose my evil, depraved nature. Hmph, if I haven't already done so countless times...
Ahem! With that in mind, here is my decisive vengeance: you must accept the burden of my well-wishes. No protests, and no complaints. This is a punishment best served over the course of a long and happy life, so look after yourselves, and each other. Otherwise, I'll have to track you down personally, and provide further motivation... and retribution.”
Back to Caren.
”... But to you, I offer nothing of the sort. Your punishment will be far more severe, but I trust you can endure it — right to the bitter end.”
And she kisses her on-stage.]
… [Eros.exe is loading...]
… Go sit down. I can hardly even stand to look at you now, and I have a job to complete.
[Of course, this just prolongs things when Caren has to call Eula back to the podium just so they can scan their hands for the lock-in.]
no subject
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
no subject
no subject
no subject
well as long as they're happy!?! ]
no subject
he's happy for her and he knew this was kind of a thing after he ended up in the middle of their Lesbian Messiness but still.
BOLD!!!]
FERDINAND VON AEGIR
F-f-Ferdinand von Aegir…! [save her] What is your heart telling you today?
[Ferdinand shares his words—and his choice: "I have always said, since the beginning of the game, that my guiding principle is that the fortunate must help the unfortunate. 'Should' help the unfortunate is not nearly enough... it is something we must do, as nobles. It is an essential duty of those born into status. I have also frequently asserted that my match must not only believe this, as I do... but they must act on that belief.
I will choose Kizuna because she has demonstrated to me, time and time again, that she lives by the same virtue. Her life's work is to help all those around her. And that she would offer to extend that kindness to my own people... I admire her, greatly. Though I have a steep hill to climb, and ambitions that have not yet been realized, she shares my ideals— even pushes them to become broader, and more hopeful. I know that come what may in this competition, together, we will accomplish many things when she graces Fódlan with her wisdom — following the conclusion of our time here, that is.
Her beauty, her enduring spirit, her wit, her boldness... she is more than worthy of standing at my side. My affection and respect for her grow with each day... I hope that she feels the same. But should her doubts remain regarding her acceptability, then I will have no choice but to keep speaking the truth of her sterling qualities. Here in front of all of you, to the people of Enbarr— to the whole Empire, if I must."]
You have spoken quite clearly, Ferdinand von Aegir. I believe in the power of your words to be heard. Please lock in.
no subject
I will put my best foot forward!
[She's doing a cupped hand princess wave for the cameras with one hand, using the joystick with the other.]
I will be working extremely hard every day...
[She's close enough to look into Ferdinand's unwavering eyes now.]
Because there is no more fortunate woman than the one standing at your side.
[Lock in!]
KURUTO RYUKI
[When Ryuki, who really has gone through it when you think about it, approaches the stage, he chooses Wayne Pittman: "I think it's pretty likely that we're each other's matches, and, well... I'm happy about that, personally. It just means I need to be even better, right? And... that's what a match should make you want to do. So, um... thanks for everything."]
I have always said that love plays many roles. May you become the person you want. Go ahead and lock in.
no subject
no subject
Caren gets this. ]
no subject
[ locking in! ]
ROLAND GLENBROOK
[Roland approaches the podium and begins his address right away. " . . . Rutile. I have been unfair, after all.
"After I denied you, you still found the grace in your heart to love others as you have loved me. That was all I wanted—for you to be seen by others and touch their hearts as you have touched mine. It didn't have to be me. As long as you were happy, I would have been joyful . . .
"But the possibility now exists. It could be me. And if it is . . . If I have learned to be someone who can complement your heart . . . then I would like to continue learning. No. Even if it isn't me, I would still learn, for I am your friend foremost.
"As your friend, I want nothing more than to see your wish fulfilled. However . . . regardless of what anyone thinks, this is the path I have chosen to walk tonight. I cannot promise where it will lead—whether it is the correct course or a winding diversion—but it is my heartfelt choice. Knowing this . . . will you go with me?"]
no subject
this is the part where he'd normally take roland's hand. but... this time, he opts to come close and, instead, give him a gentle hug.
there's lots of feelings. more than he can say properly, more than he can convey through simple linked hands. even this isn't enough. but rutile holds roland, and hopes that it shows even a fragment of what he feels. ]
Of course. Wherever we go, Roland... I'll be there by your side. Thank you for choosing me. Thank you for being someone so, so precious to me.
[ ... yeah.
they can lock in when he's done. ]
no subject
SILVER MATCHES
As we make sure that your matches are locked into the system, I would like to hear from you as well if there's anything you would like to say. As I have said, love accomplishes many things, and your feelings should be shared as freely as the others'. Is there anything you'd like to add?
[After creating the space for those Silver team members to come forward and share what's in their own hearts (ie the space is replying to this comment!), Caren will hop down off the platform.
She also takes a seat on the hay bales, silently laying her hand out, palm up, to be held.]
Please, everyone make yourselves comfortable and await the results of your matches for today. I have heard that Saint Nicholas himself is flying near the lodge today, so perhaps he will arrive to present us with gifts.
no subject
... She does, however, wordlessly remove her glove, before taking the other woman's hand. ]
RESULTS.....?
We'll now see whether our hearts have led us in the correct direction. Four starts are already lit, representing the four couples verified by the Naughty or Nice booth. [ring ring ring ring ring ring]
In a moment - [jingle jingle jingle jingle]
Wait, what could that noise be?
no subject
... No, wait.
It's-- ]
OHOHOHOHOHOHO!
[ It's a young lady in a santa costume, riding a reindeer. ]
Greetings, esteemed ladies, gentlemen, and other individuals! Regardless of whether you have been naughty or nice, I come to bring good cheer before you are told of your results!
[ What. ]
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
1/2
2/3 i lied
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
1/??
(no subject)
(no subject)
donee
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
RESULTS (REAL)
[Caren floats back up onto the slightly raised platform.]
Back in your seats. What you have been waiting for has now arrived.
1/????
2/????
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
3/???
(no subject)
4/???? if you saw me skip a lyric in the song you fucking didn't
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
END
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)